Pennsylvania Railroad 4859 is a GG-1 Electric lomotive that operated from 1938 to 1979. It was built in Altoona by the Pennsylvania Railroad's Juniata Shops for use on electrified territory. The locomotive received its historical significance when it pulled the first passenger train under catenary wire into Harrisburg on January 15, 1938. In its nearly 40 year service history, the locomotive operated trains under both Penn Central and Conrail before retirement in 1979 when the GG1 reached the end of its useful life. Upon retirement, the locomotive was sold for scrap. The Harrisburg Chapter of the National Railroad Historical Society stepped in to purchase the locomotive and the ownership transferred to the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Collection who assisted with the funding to restore the locomotive to its 1938 appearance. Years later, ownership was once again transferred to the Harrisburg Chapter of the NRHS who currently maintains and cleans the locomotive. Since 1986, the locomotive has been on display at the Harrisburg Transportation Center, where the current station serves as an Amtrak station for its Keystone and Pennsylvanian Service.